Starfish Social Club
Social learning groups, yoga/mindfulness classes, and summer camp
We are excited to offer the PEERS program!
Topics of instruction:
More information about the PEERS program can be found here: https://www.semel.ucla.edu/peers
- How to use appropriate conversational skills
- How to choose appropriate friends
- How to appropriately use electronic forms of communication
- How to appropriately use humor and assess humor feedback
- How to start, enter, and exit conversations between peers
- How to organize successful get-togethers with friends
- How to develop romantic relationships and use appropriate dating etiquette
- How to handle arguments and disagreements with friends and in relationships
- How to handle rejection, teasing, bullying, and rumors/gossip
- 1.5 hours per week for 16 weeks
- Schedule depends on student availability
- Next group is starting in March
- Cost is $200 per month
- All classes meet at Starfish Social Club
- Students must be motivated to learn and practice new skills.
- Students must have average to above-average cognitive and language skills.
- Students must be able to attend at least 14 weeks. Students who miss more than 2 classes will not be able to continue with the program.
- Students must be able to learn successfully in a 6:1 ratio.
Fill out the form below to apply for the PEERS(R) training. Our next class is starting in March. Upon receiving the application we will contact you to schedule an initial appointment to meet with you/your student before class starts.
*There must be at least 4 students registered for a class for it to proceed. Students/parents will be notified before the first payment is due if their scheduled class is not able to proceed.
We also provide PEERS training to organizations serving adults with social learning challenges at their location. Contact us (email@example.com) for more information.